Homework is work that is set to be completed outside the timetabled curriculum. It contains an element of independent study in that it is not usually directly supervised by a teacher. There is no arguing that when a school’s homework policy is properly administered, it makes a valuable contribution to children’s learning.
It is important in raising student achievement. Not all homework is done at home; in fact, for some pupils who find it hard to work at home, or for some tasks which may require resources (books, software, equipment) more readily available at school, it is necessary or desirable to carry out the task at school at our after-school homework clubs. Homework enhances pupil learning, improves achievement and develops pupils’ study skills and as such is an integral part of the curriculum. It requires careful planning and integration into the scheme of work of each curriculum area.
Resources for Students
- Homework Planner – Class Charts – if you do not have your Student Access Code please speak to your Tutor.
- Maths – Hegarty Maths Login
- Maths – MyMaths Login
- Science – Collins Connect Login
- Computer Science – Teach ICT Login
- Languages – All In for MFL
Resources for Parents
- Homework Policy 2021
- 10 Tips for Surviving Homework
- Helping Your Child with Homework
- Parent Class Charts Access Codes coming soon.