On this page you will find Frequently Asked Questions about Google Classroom, SAM Learning, MyMaths, Hegarty Maths and more.
My laptop will not turn on
- Check if the laptop has run out of battery (plug in the charger)
- If the laptop has no charge it may take 5-10 mins to turn on once plugged in.
- If the laptop does not turn on after charging, your charger may be faulty. Please report this using the form at the bottom of this page.
I cannot log on to my laptop
- Please request your log on details for your laptop using the form at the bottom of this page.
I cannot remember my school email
- Please request your log on details using the form at the bottom of this page.
How do I log on to my school emails
- Visit www.outlook.com. Click Sign In at the top of the page. Input your email address and password.
I do not have access to Microsoft Office at home – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Students are entitled to free access to Microsoft Office. If you do not currently have access to Microsoft Office please follow the steps below. Please note that Microsoft Office can be installed on up to 5 devices.
- Students must log on to their school email account (example: Email: JBlogs@theboulevardacademy.com Password: Same as used to log on to a computer at school) https://www.outlook.com/thebouelvardacademy.com
- Click the apps icon in the top left
- Click Office 365
- Click Install Office -> Office 365 Apps
- Run the downloaded programme to install the apps.
Web based office apps can also be accessed by following the first 2 steps and selecting the relevant app.
Online Learning Platforms
Where will my online work be set?
- The majority of school work will be set by teachers on Google Classroom.
- Work is also available on SAM Learning, My Maths, Hegarty Maths, ALL IN and Active Learn.
- Until September 2021, teachers may set homework on Show My Homework. From September, homework will be primarily set on Google Classroom.
What is my log on for Google Classroom?
- Open www.classroom.google.com and input your school email address. Your password will be given to you by school. If you need assistance with logging on please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any queries please check our Google Classroom page as your first port of call.
What is my log on for Show My Homework?
- Open www.satchel.com/login and select Student. Tick the box ‘I already have an account’. Search for The Boulevard Academy. Your username is your school email. If you need a reminder of your password please request it using the form at the bottom of this page.
- If you have any trouble logging on please report your issue in the form below.
What is my log on for SAM Learning?
- Open www.samlearning.com. The Centre ID is HU3BA. If you have forgotten your log in details please request them using the form at the bottom of this page.
What is my log on for My Maths?
- Open www.mymaths.co.uk. Input the School log in. Username: theboulevard Password: boulevard1. You will then need to input your personal log in. If you have forgotten your log in details please request them using the form at the bottom of this page.
Google Classroom Lessons
How do I know when my lessons are or when my assemblies are?
- Your timetable can be found on Google Classroom. This follows your normal timetable that you would follow if you were in school. Click on the appropriate lesson at the appropriate time to join the class. You can access the timetable on Show My Homework as well. It will be updated weekly.
What is a Google Meet?
- Google Meet is what we use instead of Zoom for live lessons. Just like joining a Zoom call, you will click the unique link that can be found on the subject page on Google Classroom. Your teacher will invite you into the call. Your camera and microphone must be off.
What do I need to know about being part of a Google Meet?
- You should only attend the lessons for the subjects that you study! Year 10s, if you are unsure if you are in Y band or P band for your lessons please request the information using the form at the bottom of this page.
- You should attend on time for all your lessons.
- If you are unable to attend or have technology issues you should inform your tutor or report your issues using the form at the bottom of this page.
What are the expectations of students in Google Meets?
- Your microphone needs to be turned on mute for the entire lesson unless instructed by the class teacher.
- Your camera needs to be turned off for the entire lesson.
- Your username must be your real name.
- Only use the chat room feature to answer questions directed by the teacher.
- You do not need to wear your school uniform for assemblies or lessons.
What do I do if I cannot hear the meeting?
- Make sure you have clicked Join Audio when you join the meeting.
- Ensure that your volume is turned up on your laptop, phone or tablet.
- Try plugging in headphones.
- If you are still struggling please email email@example.com
What do I do if I am still having problems accessing Google Classroom?
- Explain the difficulties you are having in the report form at the bottom of this page.
- Call the school office on 01482 217898 if you continue to have problems.
Paper-based Work Packs
I previously had a paper-based work pack to complete work at home while isolating. Can I have another?
- Due to lessons being live on Google Classroom now, we are no longer supplying paper-based work packs. If you do not have access to a tablet or laptop, or do not have access to internet please contact the school and you can put your name down to receive a school laptop and an internet dongle to take home.
I have run out of stationary to complete my work. How do I request more?
- Please submit your request using the form at the bottom of this page.
Student Virtual Learning Support Form
This form is for students to submit any IT problems. For instance, if you are unable to log on to your online platforms you can request your log on details, or if you are experiencing issues with attending your Zoom calls please report them so we can assist.
You can also use this form to request stationary and work packs.
Please complete the form with your name (if you are a parent please put your child’s name), email address and your query, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.