School Information during COVID-19

During the COVID-19 pandemic we are aiming to make things as simple as possible for all our parents and students.

This page aims to keep you notified of the current guidance from the Government and Public Health England, as well as providing resources and links for Home Learning and ideas for looking after wellbeing and mental health during the uncertainty of the pandemic.

This page will be updated regularly so please keep checking back.

The Boulevard Academy would like to extend a big thank you to all our parents, students and staff for their strength, resilience and adaptability. We are very proud of our Boulevard community!

What to do if…

My child has COVID-19 Symptoms:

  • Do not send your child to school
  • Get a Lateral Flow for your child as soon as possible
  • Inform the school immediately about the results

If your child’s test comes back negative and they are well enough they should attend school.

My child tests positive for COVID-19:

  • Do not send your child to school
  • Your child should self-isolate for 10 days starting from when symptoms started (if asymptomatic, isolation begins on the day of the positive test) Please view the image below for details on self-isolation ending on Day 7.
  • Inform the school immediately of your child being positive and when the isolation period ends
  • Your household does not need to isolate as long as they are taking COVID tests everyday and testing negative.
  • Your child will need to access Home Learning if they are well enough. Year 10-11 should check Google Classroom first for work. All year groups have work available on the Work for Self-Isolation page.

After 10 days, once your child feels better, they can return to school even if they have a cough or loss of smell/taste. These symptoms can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.

Somebody in my household has COVID-19:

  • Call the Academy and speak to the Attendance Team who will advise you on what to do.

Coronavirus Procedures in School

  • For the majority of students, face masks will need to be worn in communal areas and classrooms (unless medically exempt).
  • Students with consent will receive Coronavirus Lateral Flow Tests to take home with them. Students will test twice a week on Sunday and Wednesday. If your child runs out of tests please ask them to inform their tutor and the Pastoral team will issue them with a new box.
  • We are still operating staggered start and finish times for each year group.
  • Social distancing is in place where possible and face masks must be worn.
  • Normal lunch menus have resumed but staggered lunch times for year groups are in place. More information about lunch can be found on the Academy Meals page.


Please report any safeguarding concerns to

Stay safe in lockdown – Dear Parents/carers, please remain vigilant and follow this advice to ensure your children are safe online. Help Your Children Stay Safe Online Parent Fact Sheet

Protect your child from grooming during COVID-19:

For more information and contact details please visit our Safeguarding page.

Domestic Abuse Services AvailableWebsite
Hull Domestic Abuse Partnership (DAP)01482
Hull Women’s Aid01482
Preston Road Women’s Centre01482
Website information for young people:

Silent calls to the police – dial 999 – when the operator is on the line press 55.
No credit is needed to call the police

Student Wellbeing and Mental Health

There is so much support and advice available to both parents and students to help with supporting your mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19. For Wellbeing guidance and support please visit our Student Wellbeing or Parent Wellbeing pages.

If you need to speak with our Pastoral and Wellbeing team please email

Home Learning Resources

For website links to support subject specific home learning please visit our Home Learning Resources page.

There are also resources, challenges, competitions and more on the Pre-16 Learning Hub created by the University of York.  The Learning Hub has been created to help support KS3 and KS4 pupils with their attainment levels. There are some exciting new things for young people to get involved with which they should really enjoy and find beneficial.

Parental meetings with school

Should parents be required to have a face to face meeting with a member of staff, the meeting will take place virtually. Please click the link to view our Parents Guide to joining a Zoom Meeting: Zoom Guide for Parents

Parental Support

Financial support if you have to take time off work to care for your child while they are self-isolating

If you are on a low income and you need to take time off work to care for your child while they are self-isolating, you may be eligible for financial support from your local authority through the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. Please note this scheme is ending on 31 March 2022.

The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme is open to people who live in England and who meet the following criteria:

  • They are the parent or guardian of a child or young person in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate; this is limited to one parent or guardian per household for the child or young person’s self-isolation period
  • Are employed or self-employed
  • Are unable to work from home while undertaking caring responsibilities and will lose income as a result
  • They are currently receiving or are the partner of someone in the same household who is receiving at least one of the following benefits:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credit
    • income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit
  • Their child or young person:
    • is aged 15 or under (or 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) and normally attends an education or childcare setting
    • has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19

Discretionary payments are also available for people on low incomes who are not on means-tested benefits but who may still face hardship as a result of the requirement to self-isolate. Your local authority may have additional eligibility criteria in place for discretionary payments.

If you are eligible, you will receive a £500 payment from your local authority in addition to any benefits and Statutory Sick Pay you receive currently. If you are unsure which local authority you should claim from, you can check on Find your Local Council on GOV.UK:
Your local authority will contact your child’s school to verify the information you provide about your child as part of the process of confirming whether you are eligible for a payment.

You can see the full eligibility criteria for the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme and find out how to apply at:

If you think you meet the eligibility criteria listed above and would like to apply to your local authority for a payment from the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme, you should provide this letter to your local authority to support your application. You will not be able to make an application for a payment from the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme without this letter.

Further information is available at

Unity in Community Energy Voucher Scheme

Unity in Community HU6 are currently running an energy voucher scheme which may be useful to some of our families. They will be providing vouchers up to the value of £49 to help towards paying for gas and electric. To qualify you must live in Hull or the East Riding, pay for your energy through a prepayment meter and have not received energy vouchers from Unity in Community within the past year. For more information and to register, call 01482 852292 (option 2), Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm – if the lines are busy, please keep trying.

Food Banks

If your family or someone you know are in need of support with food please be in touch with the following places:

Jubilee Church Food Bank are able to support any students and families that are in desperate need of food and basic provisions. Contact Jubilee Church on 01482 328196, or Steve Whittington on 07984 174629. 

A list of Food Banks across Hull can be found here.

COVID-19 Policies

Please visit the COVID-19 Interim Policies page.