School Information during COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic we are aiming to make things as simple as possible for all our parents and students.
This page aims to keep you notified of the current guidance from the Government and Public Health England, as well as providing resources and links for Home Learning and ideas for looking after wellbeing and mental health during the uncertainty of the pandemic.
This page will be updated regularly so please keep checking back.
The Boulevard Academy would like to extend a big thank you to all our parents, students and staff for their strength, resilience and adaptability. We are very proud of our Boulevard community!
Last updated: 6th June 2022
What to do if…
My child has COVID-19 symptoms:
- Do not send your child to school.
- Get a Lateral Flow for your child if possible.
- Inform the school about the results.
- Stay at home and try to avoid contact with other people until they no longer have a high temperature or they feel well enough to resume normal activities.
If your child’s test comes back negative and they are well enough they should attend school.
My child tests positive for COVID-19:
- Do not send your child to school.
- Avoid contact with other people for 5 days after testing positive.
- Inform the school of your child being positive and when the 5 day period ends.
- Your household does not need to isolate.
- Your child will need to access Home Learning if they are well enough. Year 10-11 should check Google Classroom first for work. All year groups have work available on the Work for Self-Isolation page.
Somebody in my household has COVID-19:
- Students should attend school as normal but pay attention for similar symptoms developing in the student.
Coronavirus Procedures in School
- For the majority of students, face masks are encouraged in communal areas (unless medically exempt).
- We are still operating staggered start and finish times for each year group.
- Normal lunch menus have resumed but staggered lunch times for year groups are in place. More information about lunch can be found on the Academy Meals page.
Please report any safeguarding concerns to email@example.com
Stay safe online – Dear Parents/carers, please remain vigilant and follow this advice to ensure your children are safe online. Help Your Children Stay Safe Online Parent Fact Sheet
Protect your child from grooming during COVID-19: https://www.humberside-pcc.gov.uk/Document-Library/Protecting-your-child-from-grooming-during-Covid-19.pdf
For more information and contact details please visit our Safeguarding page.
|Domestic Abuse Services Available||Website|
|Hull Domestic Abuse Partnership (DAP)||01482 318759||hulldap.co.uk|
|Hull Women’s Aid||01482 446099||hullwomensaid.org|
|Preston Road Women’s Centre||01482 790310||purplehouse.co.uk|
|Website information for young people:|
Silent calls to the police – dial 999 – when the operator is on the line press 55.
Student Wellbeing and Mental Health
There is so much support and advice available to both parents and students to help with supporting your mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19. For Wellbeing guidance and support please visit our Student Wellbeing or Parent Wellbeing pages.
If you need to speak with our Pastoral and Wellbeing team please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unity in Community Energy Voucher Scheme
Unity in Community HU6 are currently running an energy voucher scheme which may be useful to some of our families. They will be providing vouchers up to the value of £49 to help towards paying for gas and electric. To qualify you must live in Hull or the East Riding, pay for your energy through a prepayment meter and have not received energy vouchers from Unity in Community within the past year. For more information and to register, call 01482 852292 (option 2), Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm – if the lines are busy, please keep trying.
If your family or someone you know are in need of support with food please be in touch with the following places:
Jubilee Church Food Bank are able to support any students and families that are in desperate need of food and basic provisions. Contact Jubilee Church on 01482 328196, or Steve Whittington on 07984 174629.
A list of Food Banks across Hull can be found here.
Please visit the COVID-19 Interim Policies page.