School Information during COVID-19
During the COVID-19 pandemic we are aiming to make things as simple as possible for all our parents and students.
This page aims to keep you notified of the current guidance from the Government and Public Health England, as well as providing resources and links for Home Learning and ideas for looking after wellbeing and mental health during the uncertainty of the pandemic.
This page will be updated regularly so please keep checking back.
The Boulevard Academy would like to extend a big thank you to all our parents, students and staff for their strength, resilience and adaptability. We are very proud of our Boulevard community!
What to do if…
Coronavirus Procedures in School
- For the majority of students, face masks will need to be worn at all times (unless medically exempt). The Education Secretary clearly stated that ‘extending the use of face coverings to classrooms is a temporary measure until Easter, and that the government will keep it under review’. Therefore we must be rigorous with this rule- where students do not comply, parents will be contacted and may, in some cases, be asked to collect their child in order for them to continue their education from home.
- Students with consent will receive Coronavirus Lateral Flow Tests to take home with them. Students will test twice a week on Sunday and Wednesday. If your child runs out of tests please ask them to inform their tutor and the Pastoral team will issue them with a new box.
- If there is a positive case in a class, the positive student will be asked to isolate for 10 days. We are currently taking part in a research study, ‘Daily Contact Tracing’ run by the Department of Health and Social Care. For the students who have been in contact with the positive case, if they have provided prior consent, they will be offered 7 consecutive days of testing in school to allow them to continue their education in the classroom. They will need to isolate during evenings and weekends. If students do not consent, they will isolate for 10 days as normal and access lessons via Google Classroom. For more information on the research study please read COVID Study Parent Letter and DCT Schools Privacy Notice.
- We are still operating staggered start and finish times for each year group.
- Social distancing is in place where possible and face masks must be worn. Risk assessments can be found here: COVID-19 Interim Policies
- Lunches are still being provided with a limited menu. There are hot sandwich options as well as cold sandwiches and wraps. More information is available on Academy Meals.
How to log on to a Google Meet on a laptop (and other technology queries)
If you are struggling to get on to a Live Lesson on Google Classroom or experiencing any technical difficulties, please look at our Virtual Learning page for Frequently Asked Questions and videos explaining Google Classroom and Show My Homework. There is also a form to submit any queries or problems that you may be experiencing.
Please report any safeguarding concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe in lockdown – Dear Parents/carers, please remain vigilant and follow this advice to ensure your children are safe online. Help Your Children Stay Safe Online Parent Fact Sheet
Protect your child from grooming during COVID-19: https://www.humberside-pcc.gov.uk/Document-Library/Protecting-your-child-from-grooming-during-Covid-19.pdf
For more information and contact details please visit our Safeguarding page.
|Domestic Abuse Services Available||Website|
|Hull Domestic Abuse Partnership (DAP)||01482 318759||hulldap.co.uk|
|Hull Women’s Aid||01482 446099||hullwomensaid.org|
|Preston Road Women’s Centre||01482 790310||purplehouse.co.uk|
|Website information for young people:
Silent calls to the police – dial 999 – when the operator is on the line press 55.
Student Wellbeing and Mental Health
There is so much support and advice available to both parents and students to help with supporting your mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19. For Wellbeing guidance and support please visit our Student Wellbeing or Parent Wellbeing pages.
If you need to speak with our Pastoral and Wellbeing team please email email@example.com.
For website links to support subject specific home learning please visit our Home Learning Resources page.
There are also resources, challenges, competitions and more on the Pre-16 Learning Hub created by the University of York. The Learning Hub has been created to help support KS3 and KS4 pupils with their attainment levels. There are some exciting new things for young people to get involved with which they should really enjoy and find beneficial.
Parental meetings with school
Should parents be required to have a face to face meeting with a member of staff, the meeting will take place virtually. Please click the link to view our Parents Guide to joining a Zoom Meeting: Zoom Guide for Parents
If your family or someone you know are in need of support with food please be in touch with the following places:
Jubilee Church Food Bank are able to support any students and families that are in desperate need of food and basic provisions. Contact Jubilee Church on 01482 328196, or Steve Whittington on 07984 174629.
A list of Food Banks across Hull can be found here.
Please visit the COVID-19 Interim Policies page.