The Boulevard Academy are committed to safeguarding their students, staff and wider community. We would like to reiterate that whilst there have been no reported cases of coronavirus, of anyone coming into contact with the virus, or of anyone having travelled to affected areas the Academy have made the difficult decision to take precautionary measures to ensure that we stay open for our students: safeguarding is our number one priority.
The following steps will be taken and we ask for your support at this challenging time:
- Parents are asked to phone the school regarding any issues/queries they may have, rather than coming into reception in the first instance.
- Visitors to site will be by the Principal’s authorisation only- where possible, video calling will be used to replace face to face meetings.
- Trips out of the Academy will be postponed until further notice- we will endeavour to ensure that students will be given the same opportunity wherever possible once the risk has been eliminated.
- Parents Evenings will be postponed until further notice- more information will be sent out in due course regarding alternative arrangements.
- Hand Gel/hand washing- antibacterial hand gel is in all classrooms and offices. Students are also being encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly and have been shown how to do this in tutor time.
- Students with severe medical needs- We are in the process of contacting parents of students with medical conditions asking them to seek medical advice.
- NHS, DfE & PHE guidance- We are closely monitoring the National Health Service, Department for Education and Public Health England guidance, ensuring that all staff are kept up to date with the necessary information.
Here at the Boulevard we are proud of our community spirit and we know that you will join us in protecting our local community for the safety of all- students, families and staff. We will keep you updated with any changes via the MyEd app, Twitter, Facebook and paper communication.
Please be assured that our Senior Leadership Team will meet daily to review our current risk assessment. To help support you in keeping fully informed, we will post advice from the NHS on our social media channels (please be aware that this is from the NHS and not Academy advice).