Pupil Agency Survey
Earlier this academic year we asked all our students to take part in a Pupil Agency Survey. This was done during tutor-time and asked students for their opinions and suggestions on a variety of topics.
- We feel that there is more focus on the academic rather than pastoral and personal development.
- We only sometimes have opportunity to raise ideas that are important to us.
- Methods to express opinions are only partly effective.
- People who make decision don’t always hear our views and we do not know if they have been acted upon.
- Restart the full Student Council to enable representatives from each class to share ideas with each other and the senior leadership team.
- Launch The Student Ambassadors Programme to support students moving into The Boulevard Academy from Chiltern and St Georges by developing student leadership skills.
- Further increase careers opportunities in KS3
- Develop the mechanism for student and staff voice across faculties more frequently. Use the Space, Voice, Audience and Influence methodology.
- Improve communication through the appropriate channels such as website, social media, MyEd.
- Increase the number of drop-down days in KS3 to incorporate culture days/ no ICT days/ Collaborative Learning days (Teamwork) etc.
- Increase coffee mornings/ support workshops, for parental support, such as well-being, safeguarding, EAL, SEND, SLT meet & greet.
- Pre-plan all surveys to staff, pupils and parents for the next academic year to ensure appropriate coverage of aspects and quicker response to updating stakeholders.