School meals are served daily in the main dining hall.
Please be aware that during the coronavirus pandemic, a reduced menu is being offered, and items will be subject to availability.
The healthy, balanced menu offers at least three options (subject to availability) including a street food option with a salad bar, a traditional food option, jacket potatoes, cold food option (paninis, sandwiches, baguettes and wraps) and two vegetarian options. The school dinner consists of a main meal and a school dessert and will cost £2.55 per day. Additional items can be purchased separately. Meals are provided without charge to those in receipt of free school meals.
Students may opt to bring a packed lunch. All students are required to stay on site throughout the Academy day, including during the 30-minute lunch break.
Free School Meals
You can apply for free school meals if your child attends a Hull school on a full time basis by registering on My School Portal and completing the online form. You can also collect a paper application form from the Academy office. To apply you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits –
- income support
- income based jobseekers allowance
- income related employment and support allowance (ESA – IR)
- universal credit if the household is earning less than £7,400 per year
- asylum seekers (receiving support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999)
- the guaranteed element of state pension credit
- child tax credit (with an annual income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by the Inland Revenue)
- working tax credit run on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
Hull City Council will notify you of the decision by letter within seven days and the Academy will be notified electronically if you are approved.
For more information of Free School Meals please visit the Hull City Council website by clicking here.
How are school meals paid for?
Cashless catering allows parents to pay for the meals via ParentPay, which can be accessed through the MyEd app. We are looking to introduce +Pay via the My Ed app which will replace ParentPay. More details will be released in due course.
If students have any dietary needs/allergies please contact Mrs Hird in the catering department.