This page was created for lockdown and will be utilised again in the event of further lockdowns.
On this page you will find Frequently Asked Questions about Google Classroom, Show My Homework, SAM Learning, Work Packs and more.
My laptop will not turn on
- Check if the laptop has run out of battery (plug in the charger)
- If the laptop has no charge it may take 5-10 mins to turn on once plugged in.
- If the laptop does not turn on after charging, your charger may be faulty. Please report this using the form at the bottom of this page.
I cannot log on to my laptop
- Please request your log on details for your laptop using the form at the bottom of this page.
I cannot remember my school email
- Please request your log on details using the form at the bottom of this page.
How do I log on to my school emails
- Visit www.outlook.com. Click Sign In at the top of the page. Input your email address and password.
Online Learning Platforms
Where will my online work be set?
- The majority of school work will be set by teachers on Google Classroom with Homework set on Show My Homework. Teachers will share other useful information on Show My Homework and feedback on submitted work.
- Work is also available on SAM Learning, My Maths, Hegarty Maths, ALL IN and Active Learn.
What is my log on for Google Classroom?
- Open www.classroom.google.com and input your school email address. Your password will be given to you by school. If you need assistance with logging on please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any queries please check our Google Classroom page as your first port of call.
What is my log on for Show My Homework?
- Open www.satchel.com/login and select Student. Tick the box ‘I already have an account’. Search for The Boulevard Academy. Your username is your school email. If you need a reminder of your password please request it using the form at the bottom of this page.
- If you have any trouble logging on please report your issue in the form below.
What is my log on for SAM Learning?
- Open www.samlearning.com. The Centre ID is HU3BA. If you have forgotten your log in details please request them using the form at the bottom of this page.
What is my log on for My Maths?
- Open www.mymaths.co.uk. Input the School log in. Username: TheBoulevard Password: angles225. You will then need to input your personal log in. If you have forgotten your log in details please request them using the form at the bottom of this page.
Google Classroom Lessons
How do I know when my lessons are or when my assemblies are?
- Your timetable can be found on Google Classroom. This follows your normal timetable that you would follow if you were in school. Click on the appropriate lesson at the appropriate time to join the class. You can access the timetable on Show My Homework as well. It will be updated weekly.
What is a Google Meet?
- Google Meet is what we use instead of Zoom for live lessons. Just like joining a Zoom call, you will click the unique link that can be found on the subject page on Google Classroom. Your teacher will invite you into the call. Your camera and microphone must be off.
What do I need to know about being part of a Google Meet?
- You should only attend the lessons for the subjects that you study! Year 10s, if you are unsure if you are in Y band or P band for your lessons please request the information using the form at the bottom of this page.
- You should attend on time for all your lessons.
- If you are unable to attend or have technology issues you should inform your tutor or report your issues using the form at the bottom of this page.
What are the expectations of students in Google Meets?
- Your microphone needs to be turned on mute for the entire lesson unless instructed by the class teacher.
- Your camera needs to be turned off for the entire lesson.
- Your username must be your real name.
- Only use the chat room feature to answer questions directed by the teacher.
- You do not need to wear your school uniform for assemblies or lessons.
What do I do if I cannot hear the meeting?
- Make sure you have clicked Join Audio when you join the meeting.
- Ensure that your volume is turned up on your laptop, phone or tablet.
- Try plugging in headphones.
- If you are still struggling please email email@example.com
What do I do if I am still having problems accessing Google Classroom?
- Explain the difficulties you are having in the report form at the bottom of this page.
- Call the school office on 01482 217898 if you continue to have problems.
Paper-based Work Packs
Who needs a paper-based work pack?
- Only students who do not have access to internet or students who only have access to internet on a phone need a paper-based work pack. Everyone else should be able to access Show My Homework on a tablet or laptop.
How do I request a work pack?
- When you have your weekly call with your teacher, please mention that you do not have internet or that you only have a phone screen to complete work on and they will send a request to the office for one to be printed.
What do I do when I have completed a work pack?
- Please call school to let them know you have completed your pack. You can then bring your completed work pack into the reception area of school and leave it in the wire cage on the left (previously used for the food bank collection).
- The next work pack can be requested by speaking to the staff in the office or by speaking to your teacher in your weekly call, or be submitting a request in the form at the bottom of this page.
I have run out of stationary to complete my work. How do I request more?
- Please submit your request using the form at the bottom of this page.
Student Virtual Learning Support Form
This form is for students to submit any IT problems. For instance, if you are unable to log on to your online platforms you can request your log on details, or if you are experiencing issues with attending your Zoom calls please report them so we can assist.
You can also use this form to request stationary and work packs.
Please complete the form with your name (if you are a parent please put your child’s name), email address and your query, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.